Closing Date: When positions is filled
Start Date: September 5, 2017
Overview of Program:
Cause and Effect Foundation is an Early Intervention Service Agency for children with special needs ages six months to six years. Since 1994, Cause and Effect (CEF) has served children and their families in Calgary and surrounding areas. CEF provides tailored programming to each and every child within preschool, community, and in-home settings. Our team of parents, therapists, Education Consultants, Child Development Facilitators, Team Liaison Leaders, community partners and administrators work collaboratively to assist children in achieving maximum skill development and independence. Our motto is: "play with a purpose!"
Overview of Position:
Cause and Effect Foundation is looking for individuals interested in the position of “Behavior Strategist” (Beh Strategist). Cause and Effect Beh Strategists support children and families of children in PUF, MM, FSCD, and Private Services programming, which includes:
- Screening/assessing children
- Developing goals and strategies
- Available, willing and prepared to engage quickly and provide immediate and informed strategies for emergency situations
- Support the CEF team and family in understanding assessment findings, and in understanding/implementing the goals and strategies
- Monitoring/updating the child’s program plan (ISP/IPP/ISPP)
- Working collaboratively with the CEF team members
- Attending program planning and progress meetings
- Attending agency meetings
- Embracing and working within the CEF philosophy of education-focused (PUF) and/or family-oriented programming (PUF/FSCD) using a “play with a purpose” philosophy
- Honoring and reflecting a whole-child, child- and family-centered approach. Specifically, supporting children in their natural environments of home, school, and the community, and equipping the child, family, CEF team and community partners with strategies that support the child in achieving maximal skill development, while also targeting functional and family/child-priority relevant activities.