Closing Date: When positions is filled
Start Date: September 5, 2017
Overview of Program:
Cause and Effect Foundation is an Early Intervention Service Agency for children with special needs ages six months to six years. Since 1994, Cause and Effect (CEF) has served children and their families in Calgary and surrounding areas. CEF provides tailored programming to each and every child within preschool, community, and in-home settings. Our team of parents, therapists, Education Consultants, Child Development Facilitators, Team Liaison Leaders, community partners and administrators work collaboratively to assist children in achieving maximum skill development and independence. Our motto is: "play with a purpose!"
Overview of Position:
Cause and Effect Foundation is looking for individuals interested in the position of “Physical Therapist” (PT). Cause and Effect PTs support children and families of children in PUF, MM, FSCD, and Private Services programming, which includes:
- Screening/assessing children
- Developing goals and strategies
- Support the CEF team and family in understanding assessment findings, and in understanding/implementing the goals and strategies
- Monitoring/updating the child’s program plan (ISP/IPP/ISPP)
- Working collaboratively with the CEF team members
- Attending program planning and progress meetings
- Attending agency meetings
- Embracing and working within the CEF philosophy of education-focused (PUF) and/or family-oriented programming (PUF/FSCD) using a “play with a purpose” philosophy
- Honoring and reflecting a whole-child, child- and family-centered approach. Specifically, supporting children in their natural environments of home, school, and the community, and equipping the child, family, CEF team and community partners with strategies that support the child in achieving maximal skill development, while also targeting functional and family/child-priority relevant activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Licensed and Certified Physical Therapist from a recognized institution
- Registered and active member in good standing with the Alberta College of Physical Therapists
- Experience and passion for working with preschool-aged children
- Experience and passion for working with children with complex behavior and autism
- Have a thorough and educated understanding of child development and experience with assisting children with varied learning profiles
- A commitment to professional growth and engagement in professional development opportunities
- Experience and evidence skill in working with and supporting children and families in health and/or educational settings
- Flexible and adaptable to the ebbs and flows in the organization for both family, team and organizational change
- Adept at collaborative problem solving and conflict resolution
- Able to time manage and set boundaries
- Aptitude for coordinating complex scheduling of appointments and meetings
- Able to balance multiple pressures and tasks
- Able to exercise good judgment, show initiative and be proactive
- Evident interest and/or experience in working within a philosophy of child-family centered/holistic programming centered around a play with a purpose philosophy
- Available to support summer FSCD programming
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle; travel is required
Hours and Compensation:
Please call to discuss.
Contract duration spans September 5, 2017 until the end of August 2018 (firm date to be confirmed).
Note: limited summer work is required; however, the extent of work will vary and is contingent upon the number of summer programs per assigned team.